News Story (2)



Scientist Create Speech From Brain Signals, NY times aritcle title and Scientists have found a way to decode brain signals into speech, an MIT technology reveiw article. I feel like the review is sort of the same thing as the article in a sense that they both give information about that certain technology. But, before I read it I made a hypothesis towards if one would sound more opinionated. I thought that the review would be more opinionated because it is a review and they might be comparing it to other technological items or standards, or saying if it will or will not work in the future.
One great thing to start off with is an image, and that is exactly both of the items did. The one by MIT was a colorful brain with messages saying, "Hello," "Yo," etc. along with different parts of the brain having different patterns. The NY times image was...(IMG 1).

Image result for speech synthesized from brain activity
IMG 1

The NY times gave me a sense that their article would be more informatic based upon the picture that they started off with. After I read through them, I came to the conclusion that the MIT technology review was not that opinionated and that both of them had a ton of the same information. The only difference was that the NY times went into more depth that the MIT technology review. Which makes sense only because it was a review.

t

Comments

  1. Before reading this post I never would’ve thought to make a hypothesis before reading an article.I was just wondering how a research-based article by MIT and the New York Times could be opinionated in the first place?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

harm to oneself

instagram ads

Instagram getting rid of the number of likes