Reflection

I consume media a lot. Every day I am on social media for at least an hour. Usually, it ranges from two to three hours though. It really changes how I feel about myself and about others. The fact that you can learn so much or not learn anything at all from social media is crazy. On social media, there are two types of people you could be. You could be the one that does not show your true self or you can be the one that does. A lot of people judge and make assumptions off of one person's post or off of what they are tagged in. Being aware of my social media consumption is very important. And after writing these blogs I realized how people can be effected easily and quickly. Off of one post, someone can screenshot and make assumptions, and tell their friends, to make it into a rumor. My habits for social media have changed a bit. I have been focusing more on being myself then someone who I am trying to be. I want people to like me for me, not for this perfect girl who lives a luxurious life. I also, try to talk to my friends the way I talk to them in real life, because then you might end up losing friends if you talk to them in a meaner way in real life than you did on social media.  To be aware of the things you post and send is big. You want to make sure you send the right things with the right "tone" because things can be taken very very differently coming from the other person's point of view. If you are in a bad mood, the things that people share with you can come off differently than when you are in a good mood. Also, I have been more aware of the fact that even though someone is not snap chatting or direct messaging or texting you for a while, it does not mean that you guys are not friends anymore. Maybe things are just in a rough place for them. I sort of wish I did not get into social media that much, but I also enjoy it because I can all the amazing places my friends went or the crazy things they did. And I can keep in touch with my friends that went to different schools and that I can not hang with every day. Social media is bad but also good. Kids are getting depressed and hurting themselves to look this certain image, but if people realize that there is no such thing as a perfect image then everyone will be much happier and feel safer posting and sharing themselves and their lives on social media.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

harm to oneself

instagram ads

Instagram getting rid of the number of likes